This page lists downtime (planned and unplanned) for the SSA servers
- 8th November 2016 - UNPLANNED - following a server failure the SSA, TWOMPZ and WISExSCOS databases are offline until they can be retrieved from backup/re-generated.
- 23rd (PM) - 28th (AM) Jul 2008 - UNPLANNED - server room at ROE overheated owing to unusually warm weather. The
SSA database host remained offline for the period noted.
- 14th Nov 2005 - UNPLANNED - the server upgrade has resulted in needing to recover the SSA from tape backup we're hoping it will be backup 15th November.
- 1st Nov 2005 - PLANNED - the archive server is being upgraded and the SSA will be offline for a few days.
- 18th June 2005 (PM) - 19th June 2005 (PM) - PLANNED - work to site power being carried out
- 21st December 2004 (AM) - PLANNED - reconfiguration of server hardware
- 22-26 November 2004 - UNPLANNED - hardware volume failure
- 22nd (PM) - 26th (AM) October 2004 - UNPLANNED - SW RAID volume failure
- 21-28th June 2004 - UNPLANNED - restoring database
- 14-18th June 2004 - UNPLANNED - the server is likely to be down at times this week while the problems prompting the disk scan at the weekend are investigated.
- 11-13th June 2004 - PLANNED - disk scan reboot
- 15-16th May 2004 - PLANNED - work to site power being carried out
WFAU, Institute for Astronomy,
Royal Observatory, Blackford Hill
Edinburgh, EH9 3HJ, UK